Environmental Management System (ISO 14001)
An Environmental Management System (EMS) meeting the requirements of ISO 14001 enables an organisation of any size or type to identify and control the environmental impact of its business and to continually improve its environmental performance. ISO 14001 is the internationally-recognised standard for Environmental Management Systems and is recognised by clients, suppliers, insurers and other organisations with an understanding of the importance of environmental management. Implementing this systematic approach to setting environmental objectives and achieving them demonstrates a commitment to the environment, and can bring specific business benefits.
What are the benefits?
An Environmental Management System provides a number of benefits including:
- Environmental legislation compliance;
- Reduced energy bills through the effective management and reduction of energy usage;
- Reduced water consumption, saving on both clean water costs and the associated waste water bill;
- Reduced purchasing costs through the elimination of waste and reducing the use of consumables;
- Reduced waste disposal costs through re-use and recycling strategies;
- Improved competitiveness through reduced costs and improved efficiencies;
- Improved corporate social responsibility image and protection of reputation;
- Reduced environmental impacts.
How can the S2 Partnership help?
The S2 Partnership offers an Environmental Management System which is both practical to implement and simple to maintain. It consists of individual tailored policies and procedures combined with site-specific environmental assessments which identify legal compliance, environmental objectives and cost-saving sustainability opportunities.
The S2 Partnership Environmental Management System will:
- Establish corporate commitment to sustainability and the environment;
- Define environmental objectives and targets with the aim of continuous improvement;
- Establish controls for business activities that have a detrimental impact on the environment;
- Establish emergency responses to fire, flooding, chemical spillages and any other emergency which impacts the environment;
- Establish levels of competency including statutory provisions;
- Generate annual auditing and performance reviews to establish ongoing objectives and targets.
Our trained and experienced environmental consultants can provide ongoing support to assist in the implementation and achievement of environmental objectives whilst also helping organisations achieve ISO 14001 accreditation.
Please contact us for more information.