Corporate Social Responsibility:
Safeguarding our Future
Integral to our services and policies is our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility. Sustainability is fundamental to our core values and operations of the business. We recognise that we can drive positive change for employees, customers, communities and the environment through our philanthropic activities.
We have developed a number of policies to assist us in achieving our objectives and have achieved ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 27001 and ISO 45001 certification.
In pursuit of our CSR objectives, we encourage our team to make a positive impact on the environment and our stakeholders including clients, employees and the local community. It is evident in our own policies how we approach CSR as a 21st century organisation.
We recognise that what we do today affects the environment of both current and future generations and we are therefore committed to continuous environmental improvement. Our aim is to ensure that our work is undertaken in such a manner as to have minimum impact on the environment in which we operate and, where possible, enhance the environment in which we work and operate.
In pursuit of our environmental objectives, we shall:
- Identify the aspects of our business that will have an impact on the environment
- Set appropriate targets to reduce our environmental impacts and enhance the environment we operate in
- Engage with our employees to comply with environmental legislation, regulations, client requirements and best practice
- Prevent pollution and contamination
- Measure and manage energy consumption
- Minimise the use of resources (materials, fuel and energy) thereby reducing waste
- Re-use and re-cycle waste materials where possible
- Give our clients clear advice about the environmental aspects of their portfolios
- Encourage and influence our clients, contractors and suppliers to work with us in securing beneficial change in our shared environmental impacts
Our quality objectives are:
- To exceed the expectations of our clients
- To achieve and improve various Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to ensure that our clients have timely and accurate information
- Sell and support internet software which is available and fit for purpose
- To continuously improve the quality of services that we provide to our clients and, as such, this quality management system
- Identify the aspects of our business that have an impact on the quality of our service
- Work to a business process model and identify clear procedures
- Be proactive in identifying any deficiencies affecting the quality of our service and take appropriate action
- Meet and where possible exceed internal key performance indicators
- Report to clients on our performance at agreed intervals
- Communicate our policy and procedures with our employees and associates
- Carry out internal audits of our quality management system on a regular basis
Our approach is no different in our own camp. We have achieved ISO 45001 certification, the internationally recognised assessment specification for our occupational health & safety management system.
We strive to provide and maintain safe and healthy working conditions, doing all that we reasonably can to ensure that:
- sites, plant and equipment are kept in a safe condition
- working practices are safe
- employees and others under our control receive encouragement, information and support to enable them to carry out their work with regard for their own and others’ safety
- safety factors are properly taken into account when any changes are made to our operation or when new work equipment is used.
- we comply with all applicable legislation
- continually improve the health & safety management system
We encourage employees and others under our control to be actively involved in maintaining the safest possible operating conditions and practices. Where safety responsibilities are shared, we communicate and co-operate with others. We are committed to continuously improving our health and safety performance through the setting and achieving of health and safety objectives, and carry regulars review of our policy to ensure that we maintain high standards of health and safety.
Our employees are very valuable to us and we believe in training and investing in our people to excel within their roles and deliver excellent products, services, solutions and experiences to our clients.
Key to our operations is our commitment to honest and proper business operations, independence and impartiality of advice and acting ethically, fairly and with complete integrity at all times.
Since gaining the ISO 27001 accreditation it is the policy here at the S2 Partnership:
- Information is only accessible to authorised persons from within or outside the company
- Confidentiality of information is maintained
- Integrity of information is maintained throughout the process
- Disaster Recovery plans are established, maintained, and tested
- All personnel are trained on information security and are informed that compliance with the policy is mandatory
- All breaches of information security and suspected weaknesses are reported and investigated
- Procedures exist to support the policy, including virus control measures, passwords, and continuity plans
- Business requirements for availability of information and systems will be met
- All managers are directly responsible for implementing the policy and ensuring staff compliance in their respective departments
- The need to carry out a suitable and sufficient risk assessment
- The need to prepare a scheme for preventing or controlling the risk
- The need to implement, manage and monitor precautions
- The need to keep records of the precautions
- The need to appoint a person to managerial responsibility
It is the client’s responsibility to maintain all records pertinent to the control of legionella on site and to determine where these records will be kept. Records are to be maintained for a period of five years
Our team of dedicated and professionally trained staff, ensure the ability to deliver a comprehensive and effective water management service, including the following key services for which S2 Partnership currently hold Legionella Control Association Registration :
• Legionella risk assessments for domestic and cooling tower systems
• Independent water sampling
• Training Courses
• Independent Consultancy Services
The directors of The S2 Partnership Ltd acknowledge and accept the threat which has been posed by the recent outbreak of Coronavirus and are actively monitoring the daily developments to protect the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees, sub-contractors working on sites under our control and of all others affected by our work activities.
We continue to follow government guidelines, which are continually evolving, to make sure we are taking reasonable steps to continue to provide safe and healthy working conditions during the COVID-19 pandemic by ensuring:
- When travelling for work, all public transport should be avoided and only used as a last resort, avoiding busy commuting times.
- The social distancing rule is adhered to by all employees, staying 2 meters (6 feet) away from other people
- Employees are encouraged, where possible, to work from home and are provided sufficient resource to do so.
- Where employees are working from home, pro-active monitoring to the health, safety and wellbeing of each person will be conducted.
- Any employee who suspects they have contracted coronavirus, must self-isolate for 14 days, avoiding contact with any other person outside their household.
- All employees are kept updated on actions being taken to reduce the risk of exposure
- Provision of hand sanitiser & tissues to employees and encouragement of usage is provided, where required.
- Any employee which is in a ‘vulnerable’ group is shielded and supported to stay at home
We are committed to providing a safe work environment to our employees during the COVID-19 outbreak whilst remaining re-active to the ever-evolving government guidelines. We are actively monitoring the daily developments and will be carrying out regular reviews of this policy to ensure that we continue to meet the guidelines.