Asbestos Management Review
What is it and why is it required?
The Control of AsbestosAsbestos is the single greatest cause of work-related deaths in the UK1. Asbestos was extensively used in construction materials up until the late 1990s, and is present in a significant number of bu... Regulations (CAR) , which were last updated in April 2012, in order to fully implement EU Directive 2009/148/EC, require employers and/or persons in control of premises to identify asbestos containing materials (ACMs) within the workplace and implement suitable and sufficient management controls.
Our asbestos management review service is designed to:
- provide guidance on the suitability and sufficiency of current asbestos survey documentation to confirm that this complies with CAR;
- provide updated risk assessments; and
- provide an asbestos register, reflecting the current status of ACMs on site.
What are the benefits?
Undertaking an Asbestos Management Review provides confirmation that current survey documentation complies with CAR 2012, and also the correct documentation of any material change in order to keep the asbestos register up-to-date. Correct identification and management of asbestos risks ensures protection of the health & safety of all personnel on site.
How can the S2 Partnership help?
One of our experienced and highly-qualified asbestos consultants will visit site to review existing asbestos report documentation and management information, with a view to providing advice on:
- the suitability and sufficiency of the asbestos information and management plans on site, in line with legislative requirements;
- any significant limitations or omissions in any previous surveys;
- the documented completion of any previous recommendations; and
- the use of the on-site information and management of asbestos risk.
Following this review, our consultant will make recommendations for further action, where necessary, and can provide additional assistance to ensure that compliance is achieved through additional survey work and the updating of Asbestos Management Plans, if required.
Please contact us for more information.